On The Pacific Vapeur Club's Website
When the PVC is a film actor
THE PACIFIC LOCOMOTIVES OF THE CHEMIN DE FER DE L’ETAT
WANTED NOTICE… !
Some internautes are inclined to comment the life of our association on their own site.
To avoid any confusion, we are anxious to assert that the information given on the Pacific Vapeur Club site is the only one which is true and to be taken into account.
The information given on other sites is under their authors’ responsibilities and without the agreement of the President of the Pacific Vapeur Club.
In spite of the significant financial support of the Ministry for the Arts and the Regional Council of the Seine-Maritime for the classified equipments (locomotive and 4 carriages), our association needs money to have them serviced. The cost of the services, demanded by the S.N.C.F., is beyond its means.
We are looking for passionate people, sponsors or people « a little crazy » like us, sensitive to our work to maintain this industrial inheritance, who might back us.
Some examples of costs :
- repairing of 12 segments of the locomotive : 13,400 euros ;
- repairing of 6 bases and 10 chairs : 20,500 euros ;
- service for 2 bogies : 6,600 euros ;
- service for 4 axles : 4,200 euros ;
(transportation, lifting, reassembly expenses not included)
- grinding with pulled carriages between Sotteville les Rouen and Serquigny and return : about 2 ,000 euros, cost of coal not included.
For more information phone 33 (0)2 35 72 30 55 (every morning)